Hello again readers!
I finished an outstanding book today (The Nerdist Way by Chris Hardwick - figure I'll plug it) and one point it made is that whether you're just doing day to day stuff or working on something big (blog, novel, physics research, postmodern sculpture, whatever) it's good to know what you're working towards and to think you're filling a "hole" or niche. For example, Hardwick's niche is that he blends comedy and technology. What I realized after reading this was I've described my blog as "Come read some thoughts I have!", which really isn't all that appealing and, moreover, is what I'd estimate about 60% of blogs claim to do. I wouldn't follow a blog if that's all it claimed to be and I wouldn't expect you to either. With that in mind, this is me saying, or at least attempting to say, what my blog is about and a little more about what to expect in 2013:
Politics: This is first and foremost what I created the blog for. My goal is to make all of my arguments accessible without sacrificing a detailed argument. I'll respond to political issues as I see them, from the local to the international, but I'll also post here and there about my areas of interest, like Belarus and Zimbabwe.
Nerd Stuff: I've been a nerd since I was born really, so if I see something really cool, or just really geeky, but especially both, I'll write about it here. In that case, I'll try to include pictures. Admittedly, "nerdery" includes a wide range of things, from video games to books to technology, so this part will be all over the place.
Beyond: These two topics encompass a lot, but I'm hoping to expand on both of these. I really don't want this to be a "hey, listen to me talk about...stuff" blog, so at the very least I'll try to be worth reading no matter what I say. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm hoping to do some stuff with podcasting and YouTube, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself. Another idea I have, assuming I get the readers, is to pose some sort of discussion question and see what people have to say. Again, these are all possible idea and we'll see what happens down the line, so stay tuned everyone, and I hope I don't disappoint.
Cheers!
(Okay, I wanted to try the signoff "cheers!" because it reminds me of my time in Scotland, which is how everyone says goodbye, pretty much, so I'll see if it works.)
No comments:
Post a Comment